Here some answers to frequently asked questions about TEDxYouth at EB.
What time will the TEDxYouth event be held?
- Thursday, November 14, 6pm – 8:20pm
- We will be sending out a schedule when our speakers and activities are finalized. Registration and light snacks will be from 6pm to 6:30 pm.
- will be provided by our amazing parents from Stella Nonna.
- The event will end at 8:20pm.
Is it mandatory and how can I register my child?
- Attending TEDxYouth is not mandatory, but is encouraged.
- There will be a presentation and signup option during advisory hours Wednesday October 16, 2019, about the event and rules of conduct for attending.
- Your child can decide if she/he would like to attend. Once your child registers, the parents will be asked to confirm that your child is indeed available and able to attend.
- Even if your child decides not to give a TEDx talk, they are encouraged to attend and support their fellow classmates, and engage in the project activities that are open to all who attend.
What if my child would like to speak?
Before the summer, 7th and 8th grade students were given the option to prepare a talk by their advisor. If they’re interested, the students sign up using an in-classroom form.
If a student is interested in preparing a talk, they should sign up before the summer when given the in-class option. The TEDx team will then contact the parents and share helpful TEDx information in how to prepare a talk. A draft of the students’ speeches are strongly encouraged to be prepared by the new school year, with the TEDx event typically happening the second week of November.
The speaking spots for 2019 are now currently assigned, so it is too late to sign up to give a 2019 talk.
We hope to continue the TEDxYouth@EB tradition, so if your child is a 6th or 7th grader, they will have a chance to create and apply to speak next year.
Questions? Please be in touch.
Ann Lefkovits, firstname.lastname@example.org